How to Make a Beautiful Website If You Are Not a Professional Designer
In this day and age, it’s easier than ever to create aesthetically pleasing websites. Although you might get overwhelmed by a large number of themes and layouts, you can still find your way around, despite having no idea what you’re doing. Have a look at the best web design tips for 2019.
Even if you don’t have technical or web design experience, you can still build a nice website for your business. There are many copywriters, digital marketers, and project managers who have built their own websites, even though they didn’t have a designer background.
If you’re trying to make a beautiful website, we can help you avoid a lot of difficulties and frustrations along the way. Whether you want to build a website for your small business or are a freelancer who needs to create their portfolio, let this guide help you.
Figure Out the Content For Your Site
This is one part of the website development process in which most business owners get stuck. They become overwhelmed with questions like: “Do I need a testimonials page?” Or, do I write about us, about me, or simply about?”
In essence, several standard web pages are keys to a good website:
- Homepage: this is the first page your visitors will see. Here, you should provide a summary of your business.
- About: the about page should give an overview of your business. It should inform your visitors about what makes you different than your competitors.
- Services: use this page to explain in detail what are the services you offer.
- Products: list your products here and provide information about each one of them. If you have plenty of products, consider dividing them into separate categories.
- FAQ: use this section to answer questions that your customers ask you over and over again.
- Testimonials: in this webpage, you should include customer testimonials to show your visitors that you’re amazing.
- Contact: in this section, you can include all the different ways of how your visitors can contact you. You can include an email address, phone number, as well as your social media profile web addresses.
- Blog: sometimes, having a blog page is essential for building productive websites. Use it to post relevant blogs that your audience would love reading.
Come up with a Clean Layout for Your Website
Once you're done with figuring out the content, it’s time to come up with a clean layout for your website. The content should tell you what pages you need to include.
In general, keys to a good website are:
- Your content on every separate page.
- Your separate pages.
- Your navigation.
The most suitable layout for every website is different, depending on your business and the services you offer. For example, let’s imagine that you’re a small business owner who specializes in installing pet doors. Your website should contain the following pages:
3. Dog Door Installation
● Dog doors for screen doors
● Dog doors for wood doors
● Microchip dog doors
4. Cat Door Installation
● Cat doors for screen doors
● Cat doors for wood doors
● Microchip cat doors
Write the Content For Your Website
Once you figure out what type of content you want to include on your website and come up with a clean layout, it’s time to write the unique content. You need to work on the copy that will go into each separate webpage.
But why should you write the copy without having chosen a template? Because you don’t want to choose a template that you’ll later figure out it’s not appropriate for your website. For example, you plan to include a FAQ page into your website, so it makes sense to choose a template that features a “FAQ-specific” section.
You can use Google Docs to write your content. Look at your content plan and the layout you came up with. If you want to have 5 content blocks in your homepage layout, then open Google Docs and start writing:
Find Beautiful Images
Humans are visual creatures. It’s in our nature to get interested and engaged by an image that communicates a message. If you can find attention-catching images that will attract the visitor, they might turn out to be even more effective than your written text.
Here are some tips that will help you create an aesthetically appealing website:
- You can use photos taken by a professional that you hired. These photos should beautifully demonstrate your product.
- You can hire a graphic designer who can create eye-catching infographics and illustrations for your website.
- Or you can use copyright free images. You can find them on sites like Pexels, Unsplash, and Burst. Simply type in your keyword in the bracket on the top ( “pet door” “computer desk”, “happy employees”) and you’ll discover a wide range of high-quality free images you can insert anywhere on your website.
Select a Content Management System
Having your layout and copy figured out is going to help you select the right content management system to fit the needs of your content and copy. Several content management systems can help you create aesthetically pleasing websites.
Choose a Hosting Service
Choose a Hosting Service It goes without saying that the most productive websites have a great hosting service. Not only that you’ll get professional technical support, but also server reliability, security, and great customer service.
A good hosting service will help you make sure your website doesn’t experience any down times that can lead to low ratings on search engines like Google. Your website will be secure from any external threats like hacking. You should also look for hosting companies that offer speedy and effective chat and email support.
If you’re looking for an affordable website host that charges less, yet provides the customer with a wide range of features, look no further than Exai.
Reliable and affordable hosting is not all you get when using Exai! You’ll also get:
- A secure website platform.
- Ongoing customer support.
- Top-notch system maintenance.
- Smart technology that will help you stand out from the crowd.
- An opportunity to grow your business.
Good to know: We also offer website migration. This service allows you to have your existing website, exactly as it is, transferred from any other CMS and hosting company, to Exai's CMS.
Select the Right Theme
This step should come easily to you as you already have the layout and the content for your website. Now you just need to choose the most appropriate theme for your business.
Choosing the ideal theme can be overwhelming. You have hundreds of themes to choose from, all equally beautiful and pleasing. You need to keep in mind that the theme will be the overall feel and look of your website. It will represent your brand and will directly impact your users.
Whether you’re a florist, a realtor or an educator, Exai offers plenty of good-looking themes to fit any taste. What’s more, you’ll also get a fast speed website, search engine optimization, and 24/7 customer support service.
Get Ready to Customize Your Website
Filling in the content will be a piece of cake as you already have that ready. You might run into difficulties when getting your way around the theme, learning where things are, how to insert pictures, etc.
If you chose to create your website with Exai, get ready for dragging and dropping shapes, images, and text. You can customize your images, text, and layout. The best part? No coding is needed.
You might find it challenging at first, but if you follow all the steps mentioned above, you won’t have any troubles creating your first aesthetically pleasing website. With little effort and dedication, you’ll build a beautiful website that is eye-catching, that your audience will love, and one that will take your business to the next level.