The Best Ways How to Drive Traffic to Your Website
Are you a small business owner? Have you ventured into the world of business by setting up your own website? There’s only one thing missing, and that’s visitors that would be interested in buying your product or services.
If you’re struggling to drive traffic to your website, you’re not the only one. Most people who aren’t acquainted with the digital marketing world, struggle to increase website traffic and ensure their online presence.
That’s why, in this post, we’re going to show you how to drive more traffic to your website. Let’s dive in!
Use social media channels
Producing amazing and unique content is only a small part of your content marketing campaign. Promoting that content is another major part. Once you create your content, you should publish it on social media channels.
Here are the most popular social media channels for driving traffic to websites:
- Twitter: Twitter is ideal for short tweets that are easy to read, and resonate with your audience.
- Instagram: you can leverage Instagram to drive people to your website. You can use it for sharing videos and images of your business or things related to your industry.
- Facebook: Facebook is a great low-budget marketing strategy that’s ideal for small businesses. Use it to promote your business, product, services, your staff, and offices.
- Linkedin: Linkedin is another amazing method for driving traffic to websites. Use this channel to post unique, high-quality blog posts, images, quotes, videos, or any other type of content that might intrigue your audience.
Try paid advertising
Apart from free, organic advertising, there’s another popular type that’s called paid advertising. And for this one, you need to spend a dollar (or hundred). Paid advertising can get expensive and that’s why you need to know exactly how much you’re spending. For that, you’ll need to understand things like conversion rates and clicks tracking. For understanding paid advertising, Google Analytics is the ideal tool. Google Analytics will tell where your traffic is coming from. Otherwise, you'll be left in the dark.
There are several types of paid advertising, including:
- Display advertising: the most popular forms of display ads are banners, landing pages, and popups.
- SEM: with Search Engine Marketing, you pay each time users click on the ad to your website.
- Social media: you can always post your content on social media channels for free. However, you can also boost your posts by paying for ads. You can place paid ads, promoted posts or sponsored stories in order to get web traffic.
- Pay-per-click: you pay for every single click that comes through to your site, whether the user has converted or no.
- Video ads: you can pay for YouTube ads and reach potential customers when they’re watching or searching for videos on YouTube. You only pay when they show interest.
Produce different types of content
Yes sure, blogs are a fantastic way to increase website traffic. But the trick is to experiment with different types of content and see what works best for your audience. After all, different people are attracted to different types of content. One might like infographics while others want to see more videos. By giving your audience various kinds of interesting content, you’ll keep them coming back for more.
The most popular types of content include:
- Blogs: blogs are still the king of content. They’re informational, readable, and educational. Also, websites that have a blog section are more liked by Google search engines than those that don’t.
- Infographics: infographics are click bait. You can always hire a designer to create one and then promote it on social media.
- Videos: videos can quickly grab your target audience’s attention and keep them engaged. Not everyone has 8-10 minutes to read a blog, but 2-minute videos can do the trick.
- eBooks: ebooks are like longer blogs that provide a thorough analysis or guidance on a specific topic. They also go amazingly well with infographics and images.
- Case studies: Case studies are customer stories that explain in detail how your business has helped a specific client or customer.
Optimize your content
Today, if you don’t optimize your content to be SEO-friendly, you’ll have a hard time driving traffic to your website. Read more about the SEO practices or hire an SEO specialist to optimize your website. Alternatively, we offer a very easy to use on page SEO tools that can boost your website visibility.
The best SEO practices include:
- Conducting keyword research to find what customers are looking for.
- Writing title tags and meta descriptions.
- Including image alt tags.
- Writing content with targeted keywords.
- Including header tags.
- Internal page linking with anchor text.
- Making content easy to read.
Make your website mobile-friendly
If you’re seriously interested in how to increase traffic to your website, then you have to make sure that your site is mobile-friendly. Why? Because in 2018, 52.2 percent of all website traffic globally was generated through mobile phones. If a visitor comes to your website through a mobile device and can’t find their way around the site, they’re likely to leave and go to your competition.
You can use a tool like the Search Console to ensure that your site is mobile-friendly.
Answer questions on Quora
Quora is a great platform for driving traffic to your website. It can help your prospects discover your brand, your answers might appear in Google searches, and you’ll learn more about your target audience.
But what is the most efficient way of using Quora in order to get website traffic? Here are a few tips:
- Answer questions that are related to your product or services.
- Link back to your blog or site.
- Make sure your answers are detailed.
- Write from experience.
- Include images in your answers.
- Don’t use the platform to spam.
Post content on Reddit
Reddit is another great way to increase website traffic. This platform attracts almost 165 million unique visitors every month. You can use Reddit to post links of your blogs that people might find useful. There are different types of subreddits, for example, technology, business, and startup subreddits. Make sure your posts are relevant to the subreddit where you’re posting.
Create YouTube video tutorials
YouTube is the second most popular search engine globally, right after Google. People constantly look for video content on the channel so gaining exposure here can surely drive traffic to your website. You can use YouTube to post videos and tutorials that will engage visitors and lead them to your site. However, in order to be successful, you need to have the time and the resources to publish quality content consistently.
Post your content on medium
f you have something interesting to say, Medium is the place to go. Medium users are after unique and high-quality content and are not interested in the popularity of the author. Its algorithm pushes the best pieces to the top of the feed, so if you are a good storyteller, why not give it go? It might be an excellent way to drive traffic to your website.
Here are some tactics your business can implement in order to be successful on Medium:
- Republish content from your blog or website.
- Create a collection of blogs around a theme that’s related to your business.
- Link back to your website or blog.
- Learn how to use UTM parameters to measure traffic from your posts on Medium.
Use email marketing
According to 2018 data, email marketing is still the most effective marketing channel. Why? Because people use email more than other platforms. That’s why a successful email marketing campaign is more important than ever for small business owners like yourself.
Here are a few tips for increasing web traffic through email marketing:
- Build your email list.
- Entice people to sign up through free downloads, free white papers or eBooks.
- Send regular, consistent emails.
- Keep your emails short.
- Craft catchy subject lines.
- Design a landing page for your
Start guest blogging
By posting your content on other reputable sites, you can drive traffic to your website and build your brand. When it comes to guest blogging, the most important step is to find a site to guest post on. Here are a few tips:
- Find a person in your industry who writes a lot of guest posts and get a list of places they’ve guest posted.
- Open Twitter search and enter a basic guest post search string like “[keyword]” guest post.
- Analyze the backlinks of your competitors.
- Go to AllTop.com, find your topic, and you’ll get a list of the best blogs in your niche.
Invite people to write guest blogs on your site
In addition to posting your content to other blogs, why not invite people in your industry to write blogs on your site? This is an amazing marketing strategy that can give your website traffic a boost.
But what’s the point of having other people blogging on your site? Well, they will share and link to their guest article which can bring new visitors to your website. However, make sure that their content is unique and high-quality without any spammy links in order not to get Google mad.